Monday, July 6, 2009

How Do You Spell Boring??

I spell it V!!! Ok, so not me personally, just my recent exercise regimen, or lack thereof. I am just not putting any effort into the exercise at all. Aside from my golf, I really don't get all charged up about exercising at the moment. I'd like to blame it on the heat, humidity, green grass, blue skies, rain, snow, sleet, SOMETHING, but I can't. I simply have developed a laziness level heretofore unknown. I have always admitted I was lazy, but this is now getting ridiculous. And it all seems to be directed only at the exercise portion of my life. Go figure. I do still exercise, so I'm not just sitting around the house all day wishing the pounds away, although I wouldn't be opposed to that method if I thought it would work. I just don't push myself, or work out for the amount of time I think would do me the most good. I guess I'm hoping that blogging about this and whining about this will make me get my butt in gear again.

As for the Great Cardio Challenge....The Perfect Child has come to play all of a sudden!! This new turn of events, and my lack of enthusiasm for exercise has placed me in the untenable position of the family laggard!! However, at the moment, I'm really not caring....and THAT has me worried. After weeks of bragging how the lead was insurmountable, I have fallen behind. The little brat has hired a trainer, and is going to the gym regularly... Skinny little bitch that she is. Am I motivated??? Good question. I think I am, but we'll see.

On a slightly lighter note, I did pretty well over the weekend with food and drink. The latter portion of the event being the one in which I usually over-calorically indulge. The kids and grandkids were in town for the 4th, so we had lots of fun, lots of food, and lots of beverages....of all kinds. The 4th here began with a trip to the Farmers" Market. It began raining and the temps were 20º below normal, so our trip was cut short. I did manage to pick up a few essentials for our planned cookout that night. By the time we returned to the house, the rain had stopped and a small "peek" of sun was trying to break thru. The kids made dinner for Hubby Dearest and me. It was our 38th anniversary on the 3rd, so they treated us to a hamburger slider dinner. We had a Crunchy Avocado Salad with tomatoes, olives and chickpeas as well as the avocado. It was wonderful. It had was a trifle over what I'd normally eat for a side dish, calorie wise, but well worth the extra.

I'll admit it....I did hop on the scales this morning to see what the weekend's festivities had wrought. Pleasant surprise, a small loss. I'll not reveal the loss as I don't want to jinx myself, and we all know how a small loss can turn into a gain if one gets too cocky. I shall not allow myself to fall into that trap. :)

If you're not asleep by now, you should be....but then I warned you...B O R I N G !!! I'll try and make it up to you on a future post.

P.S. I was going to post pictures of my upside down tomatoes, but Patty ruined my gardening posts by setting the bar way, way too high for us poor gardner wannabes! :)

13 comments:

  1. It's hard to get excited about exercising, but it's the secret ingredient for weight loss success, as far as I'm concerned.

    As long as I'm exercising every day, I know I'll eat right. Those two things are interconnected in my wiring in some fundamental way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mr. Shit. They do go together.....I always do better when I am exericsing everyday too. I am just not feeling it latley either....but I just do it anyway. Food wasn't perfect, but I moved everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to get my butt in gear too. Gardening and scraping paint aren't doing the job. I'm challenging myself to sweat through my clothes at the gym for the next 5 days in a row.

    You're right about the garden posts too. My 3 successful tomato plants were a big deal until Patty showed us all up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking the same thing this morning. As soon as summer started I began getting distracted from my usual routine and wanted to plant flowers, read books, mow lawns - anything but the same old, same old. But I have to force myself or else it's back to Lane Bryant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm feeling it too about the exercise--or not feeling, I should say.

    Gotta get my act together. Maybe after my nap! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am feeling the same about the exercise routine at the moment. Hmmm, time to mix it up a bit and set a new challenge, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to stay motivated, but you just have to set your mind to it and don't let yourself make excuses. And golfing is exercise, even if the perfect child won't let you count it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, I do think blogging about NOT exercising will lead you to uncover some (if not all) of the reasons why.

    Considering I just harvested 4 teeny tiny grape tomatoes, I share your feelings of gardening inadequacy. :) Let's think of it this way: if we show our pics, we'll give Patty and excellent opportunity to feel smug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that this is the last post I am reading before hitting the sack tonight. V, you and Tina certainly made me giggle!! But Cammy's right...how am I gonna feel smug if y'all don't post pics of your cute little plants? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kidding!!!

    Happy 38th Anniversary V!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SO with you on the exercising. The worst part is, I know that once I get (re)started, I will be perfectly happy about doing it every day. It's the dang getting started part that's killing me.

    And happy anniversary - 38 years is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If for nothing else than to prove to the perfect child that you are the winner and did it without a personal trainer, you need to hop back on the cardio bandwagon!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. You know you want to.