Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Upright Once Again

I've been down and out with some sort of flu-like bug and sciatica since Sunday afternoon. I am not sure which was worse, but between the two, I've not been in an upright position for long periods of time. Always "Little Miss Sunshine" I'm anticipating a weight loss in tomorrow's weigh in because of these two "problems". I am just now beginning to feel fully hydrated again. I was not interested in trekking down to the computer so I've been trying to keep up with everyone via my Crackberry.

Needless to say, the food and exercise portion of my journey has been non-existent for the past day or two. Unless walking to and from the bathroom can be counted. :) My plan to work the core and lower back for my sciatica has produced no results at all. Now, admittedly, a day or two off may not have helped, but it wasn't making a difference before the bug hit me. I'm at a loss. Back to the web for additional medical advice....no insurance coverage necessary. Eventually, if things don't improve this week, I will have to break down and go to the Dr. The only upside I can think of right now, is that I've felt too lousy to even think about enjoying a Girl Scout cookie!! I took delivery of several (as in-too many) boxes over the weekend, so the temptation has been on my doorstep.

Hubby Dearest is in England at the moment, so thankfully I've not had to worry about fixing meals. Toast made from Arnold's sandwich thins and green tea have been the wild and crazy menu I've been enjoying. I'm thinking of adding tomato soup to the repertoire today. Call me adventurous!!! Always ready for the finer things in life. :)

6 comments:

  1. Goodness, between the knee, the back, and the tummy, you're getting a different kind of workout! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, really !
    Get back on your proverbial feet soon!
    So to speak - I am having deja vu here!
    Tomato soup --fancy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a suggestion, but you could try a Chiropractor for the sciatica. I am biased though, as I am a Chiropractor.
    Good luck either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i hope your feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm weak, I can never not think about enjoying a Girl Scout cookie. Hope your husband gets back soon.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. You know you want to.