Thursday, May 21, 2009

All's Quiet on the Midwestern Front

I woke up this morning without the pitter-patter of little 5 year old feet. Feels kinda empty around here today. We took our granddaughter home last night. We had a wonderful visit, but she was really excited to see her little brother and her parents.

I have been trying to find my picture of my pedometer from yesterday, so I could prove to The PC, I did my cardio. I cannot for the life of me find the darned picture. When the computer was fixed and updated, it now uses a different picture viewer and I can't get Picassa to extract the pictures for me. I'll work on it, but for now, it is just too frustrating. At any rate, the results were not sterling, but I did get the equivalent of about 21.6 min. of cardio done yesterday. Today, I am hoping to actually get on either the "dreadmill" or the bike and do a proper cardio workout, but we'll see how enthusiastic I am about that later.

Wednesday Weigh In was just as I expected. Up 1#!! UGH!!! But, I knew that was a possibility, since over the weekend I did not pay close attention to my food intake. AND, having a 5 yr. old around is not a good excuse, because she eats very well, and is quite the little "foodie". I think it was "Build Your Own Taco Night" that did me in. I might have had one taco too many that night. But we all had fun loading our taco and tortilla shells to see which one would break first. Bet you didn't know eating tacos was a competitive sport, did you?

I am getting ready to plan this weekend's meals. I have gotten away from the actual pre-planning routine, and I think to get back on track I really have to do that again. My first CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) delivery is tomorrow, and I am so excited to begin getting my fresh produce again. I love the Farmer's market, but this is much more convenient. Tomorrow's basket is supposed to have asparagus, spring onions, chives, spinach and rhubarb. Might have a few baby greens, but we're not sure about that yet. So with fresh, organic produce in hand, I have absolutely NO excuse for not eating properly. After all, eating healthier was one of the main reasons we joined the CSA in the first place.

Ok, so now I'm done whining about all of my mistakes, and I'm ready to get back into the game. "Put me in Coach, I'm ready to play!!" Here's to new starts in the same old game. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love my CSA as well, it is like getting a surprise present and I have to eat healthy or have to throw out such lovely fresh produce.

    jen
    http://www.bodaweightloss.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool that you have a CSA. Is it just one farm or a co-op? How wonderful to be able to eat local, in season foods!

    My step-daughter, her husband and "my" grand sons (age 3 and 1) came for a visit a few months ago. It wasn't at the best item for us and kind of a sudden visit, and lots of chaos. But when they left, I was praying for chaos. I finally understood the phrase about silence being deafening. Of course, I got over it by the next day! :-) but still they sure know how to tug at the heart strings.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. You know you want to.