Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ah Geez!!

Well, the pressure is on now!! The Primary Child mentioned this blog on his running blog "Running off at the Mind", so now just on the off chance someone from that blog drops by I must try to equal the witty, smart, and humorous repartèe that my son is so FAMOUS for. I feel the heat!! (And yes, he's always been like this.)

Also, today will be my first foray into the dining out realm again. My lunch group is going to a new place, and we will be trying out New Orleans inspired cuisine. At this particular moment, I am ready for the challenge. By 11:45, who knows? One participant in this group is a certified health coach and personal trainer, so perhaps "I'll have what she's having." That idea worked for Rob Reiner's mom in "When Harry met Sally". So I'm hoping she orders something I like.

Even tho' I waiver in my workout commitment, I am doing well in other aspects of this journey. I'm cooking healthier foods, and making Hubby Dearest eat weird veggies is a HUGE bonus. I'm using a food diary, which is a bit scary at times. Seems stupid to record a piece of 5 calorie gum, but I do it. I manage to just skirt around my maximum calories for a day, so now if I'd get my
big, fat arse down to the exercise equipment, maybe I'd really make some progress. Lately, it's been 15 min. of weights, then I'm off to do something else. I have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to weights and cardio. However, I'm told that recognizing you have a problem is the first step to correcting said problem. Does admitting this first step leave me with only 11 more?

Tomorrow is my one week anniversary of this endeavor, so perhaps with renewed conviction I'll get back to exercise in some form or another. With warmer weather, I can get back on our walking path because I enjoy that.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to show you how to link to other blogs. I need more subscribers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MomDoodle! I love your 'About me' description. Sounds like me. :) Good luck with the lunch. Choosing well while eating out is definitely not one of my strong suits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum - I'd probably give in and have a fried shrimp 'po boy. Hopefully, your willpower is better than mine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. You know you want to.