Friday, April 17, 2009

ARRGGGHHHHH!!! That About Covers It!!!

Before I regale you all with my progress, I need to rant for just one moment.  NEVER, and I mean NEVER subscribe to Mediacom Phone, TV or Cable services.  I have spent the better part of two weeks trying to get things to work.  Phone was completely out for 3 days after they "fixed" it.  Cable never did record on our DVR's and now the Internet connection is off.  I'm using a default browser to at least post a quick blog.  RRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr!!!  That is me growling. :)

As for my Wed. weigh in....inhale....exhale.....I lost 1#.  Total is now at 11# and climbing.  Considering I was hosting our 5 yr old granddaughter, I thought I did a pretty darned good job of keeping at it.  We were busy, and needless to say, I wasn't given an opportunity to blog for those three days.  Then again, who knows if my Internet connection would have been working.  :(  She and I were good eaters and behaved admirably.  She even helps remind me that I shouldn't be "tasting" cupcake frosting.  So I let her do the sampling.  What a good "G" I am. :)

Wed. evening I returned the little darling to her parents.  I came home at about 7:00, so Hubby Dearest and I decided to catch a bite to eat at a local eatery.  I was semi-responsible....meaning I had only one martini.  BOY!! Did I pay for that.  At about 12:30 a.m. I was awakened by the worst case of food poisoning ever.  I don't think I've ever been so sick in my life.  No details, but the "Total Cleanse" diet has nothing on me.   Finally got back to sleep around 4:00. UGH!!!  

Now everyone knows that when you've been really, really sick, the first thing you want to do is see how much weight you've lost.  Right? Right!!  Well, I'm no different.  As soon as I had the strength, I hopped right up on those scales and took a look-see.  YAY!!  Another 4.8#.  Lest you think I believe that amount will stay off, I realize that once I take on water and some food, the number will go back to a more realistic place, but for this one, delightful moment, I am a happy old woman.  :)

So for now, I'm just happy to be back online, back on the program and back to some semblance of health. 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you were sick! I just had the flu and lost 7 pounds until I started eating again. Funny how that works :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, that was one serious clear out,eh? Well, now you can keep it off by eating very sensibly (which your tummy would probably thank you for anyway). Hope you are feeling better now and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick! That is the pits! When I've gotten sick, I always hope to maintain at least half of what I lost through the sickness. Hopefully you will be lucky in that regard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's back!! I missed you! :-) Phone and cable companies are the worse to deal with, aren't they? pretty much all of them. Sorry for the illness, but glad you are healthy and happy! And you are not old...60 is the new 40! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. You know you want to.