Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Dialing In"

Ahhhh! Back to normal again. I was such a good dieter yesterday, I frightened myself. I began planning early in the day and by the time the day ended, I had done just exactly what I had planned on doing. Usually, there is a short "detour" somewhere during the day. And for the most part the detour isn't so awful that it ruins the whole day, but it frustrates me because I can't keep to my daily plan. Now this is funny because I am so NOT a planner by nature. I prefer to "fly by the seat of my pants" so to speak. That philosophy has probably caused me more trouble than necessary, but it has also brought me some wonderful surprises. However, it occurs to me that in order to make this new commitment really work, I need to "dial in" a bit more and focus on the proper way to manage my calories. My food diary is becoming obsessively neat lately. I was just filling in as I go, but for some reason I now want it to be as neat AND complete as possible. ADHD??? Or just busy work?

After all of my whining about the weather, yesterday turned out to be a nice day after all. At about 2:30 I went out for a walk. It was 55º so I thought a spin thru the 'hood would be a great idea. At 55º I also decided that a jacket would not be necessary. I was sooooo wrong. The wind was quite a bit stronger than I anticipated, so I cut my walk short and came inside. But, as planned, I did walk from the outer reaches of the parking lots where I was running my errands. I'm counting that in the total paces walked. "My blog, my rules" as the "Primary Child" always says in his blog. And before you say it, YES, I do realize that I could have come inside, gotten a jacket and resumed my walk, but I didn't!!! I said in my profile I'm lazy, so now you know for that's not a joke. :) Forecast for the rest of the week is bleak, so I'm glad I was out and about, if only for a short while. I guess the one day of nice weather will have to last me for a while.

1 comment:

  1. I get that obsessive about my food diary also. Going really deep here....I think it's because I actually do want to be in control of this addiction. Being obsessive about my food journal is one one that I can 'think' that I'm in control. And yes, sometimes it does lead to actually being in control of my food addiction!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. You know you want to.